Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Multi-Quilting. Me?

Here's my quilting this week. I have a nice little chunk of the central block done on the Big Quilt. I can't believe I picked the hottest week of the summer to start this, but it hasn't been too bad. I have good support for the quilt and haven't had to pile it on my lap at all. My treadle is handling the size really well.

Hard to get a clear picture of the quilting without a flash washing it out
I'm waiting for a fabric order to arrive today so I can start my grandbaby's quilt. I've decided that I'm not going to show my work in progress on that one on the blog until after baby's arrival in October. That's going to be hard, but I don't want the recipients to inadvertently see it before baby is born. (Or some relatives who don't know the gender yet.) Sigh. I will need to find something else to write about, because I can't just keep posting a picture of the Big Quilt every week. 

I do have some new material that I might do something with. I recently won a gift certificate to Shabby Fabrics through Freshly Pieced (Yippee!), and these half-yard cuts are what I bought with it.

On an old school desk--appropriate for this time of year, right?
I'm also thinking of making a fall maple leaf quilt. I started buying fabric for it nearly two years ago and added more last fall, so it's time to begin! Maybe I can work on that one day a week and share that progress.

And there are lots of other fabrics in my stash to supplement

And then there are some pillows that want to be made...

Multi-quilting. That's so not me. We'll see how it goes.

Meanwhile, here are some garden pictures. Things are starting to wind down, and as usual, I'm in danger of losing interest. But there are still some new blooms to keep me going. 


Giant Lobelia is a new plant this year


The turtlehead is just starting to bloom.



I do love the vivid colors of the coleus plants. This picture is from a few weeks ago, and they are bigger now. Looks like a palette for a marsala quilt, yes?

I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced and with Sew Fresh Quilts for their linky parties. Buttons are on the right. 

I hope you're having a fun week, multi-quilting or not.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Multi-quilting is hard! I try to stay focused on one but sometimes I need a break in order to stay attentive to it! Good luck! The Big quilt is gorgeous; I can't believe you are using a treadle for it. :)

Pedal Sew Lightly said...

Your big quilt is looking great. I have enough trouble with FMQ without adding in a treadle. I'm impressed. I do sew vintage. I use two 301As daily and a 15-90 occasionally. Can't hardly beat an old Singer's stitches. I have dove off the multi-WIP cliff this year. I have had to start cataloguing my projects and progress. I have mixed feelings. I am getting in a ton of sewing but the finishes seem far between.

Rachel said...

I love that rainbow set! Any plans for those pretties yet? ;)

Mari said...

Beautiful quilting on the Big Quilt! I love how it's turning out. Love your new fabrics, too. Shabby Fabrics is a great shop.

Kaja said...

Working on something and not blogging it is hard, though your reasons are good ones. Personally I could look at the Big Quilt every week, no problem.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I love watching your progress on the big one. I justed weeded the garden this past weekend and the only color left is my roses. Your garden looks so pretty!