Sunday, September 25, 2016

Autumn Stash

I love autumn with its crisp air and its rich hues. So I was thrilled to recently receive this lovely fat quarter bundle of print fabric from Paintbrush Studio Fabrics. It's called Into the Woods, released in March 2016. I have the perfect project for this. 




Because the fabrics are mostly darker in value, I was graciously allowed to supplement the bundle with three light solids from their Painter's Palette line (July 2016). From left to right, the solids are Rice Paper, Mist and Azure. I also asked for a bit of solid brown, which they call Expresso. (Not coffee drinkers, maybe? Doesn't matter. The color is just right.) I loved that the colors were an exact match to the way they looked on my computer monitor when I chose them.

This project needs to be a secret for a little while. And if you read my blog regularly, you'll know that I'm kind of incapacitated right now. (I had surgery a few days ago to repair a fractured shoulder. It was a big success, but I have to take it very easy for awhile, and I have a lot of therapy ahead of me.) But keep in touch because I have a plan.  And I'll be sharing the project the week of October 24 in a special blog post (along with some posts from some special quilty blogger friends). Maybe I'll even give you a sneak peek or two along the way. 

Thanks for all your comments on my blog. I appreciate them so much. It's a little hard to keep up responding and commenting myself right now, but hopefully after initial recovery I'll be back at it again.

I'm linking up today with Molli Sparkles for Sunday Stash. (I tried to put the button here, but my computer's not cooperating, so just click the link.)

Have a fun week everyone. (What's in your stash?) 







































5 comments:

Mari said...

Hey, we have the same good taste! :) Hope the shoulder is doing better.

Sandra Walker said...

Ooh, I just love the blue you got, and that means a lot (and will probably make me buy some, may as well 'fess up right here) that the colour on the monitor exactly matches the fabric received. I cannot wait to see what you cook up. :-)

helenjean@midgetgemquilts said...

I'm really looking forward to reading this blog hop, you are in such esteemed company. Hoping your shoulder makes a good recovery. Take it easy and do everything the doctor tells you.

Bernie Kringel said...

Such a lovely bundle Janine! I'm so excited to see what you have planned for these fabrics.
How is your shoulder the days? Hope you feel a bit better with each day. 😊

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I have a ton in my stash and am simple motivated that you keep sewing with your broken shoulder! GO GIRL!